From:
Brad Feuerhelm <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 21 Jan 2008 12:13:26 -0500
One of the problems with dual booting is if you use the windows menu or
any other menu the problems you will encounter will be software not
getting along.
In my case I dual boot two copies of XP, 1 for internet and office
stuff, and the other for gaming. The problems come in with having two
copies of software installed on two different drives. Windows and some
other programs when ran look/search for the path starting on the first
drive then go to the next till the program is found no matter what the
registry says as to the path! I have some problems especially with virus
and spyware protection. Then comes the browsers. These are the more
serious problems. I have been dual booting for about 4 years now and
still looking for a way to fix some of the dual booting problems. You
may also encounter hardware problems like the printer/s not getting
along. I live with the problems because if I just use a single boot I
have such a time shutting processes and the such down to a min. so I can
play a game. So there are bad and good things about dual booting two
windows OS's.

My two cents

Brad Feuerhelm

> <http://www.lsoft.com>