BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
"Ilene R. Tyler" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
The listserv that Ruth calls "Pluto's spider-hole."
Date:
Thu, 7 Sep 2006 10:47:15 -0400
 I thought there must be a derivative to for "Tashmoo" which is a marina
in the St. Clair River on the South Channel.  That is our departure
point for restoration of the rear light on the South Channel, a
remarkable project requiring contractor ingenuity and perseverance and
talent.  Mihm Enterprises was the perfect outfit for the job.

http://www.soschannellights.org/

QUINN EVANS | ARCHITECTS

Ilene R. Tyler, FAIA, FAPT

219 1/2 N. Main Street
Ann Arbor, MI  48104
www.quinnevans.com
v 734.663.5888
f 734.663.5044

Date:    Wed, 6 Sep 2006 08:38:39 EDT
From:    [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Tashmoo inslet

-------------------------------1157546319

At least you brought the life ring
I had a good friend who decided  to row 100 yds from ship to shore at
night
against a quick outgoing tide in a tiny islet off  of Findhorn  Scotland
;
we don't know but we think he lost an oar ; and as the  dingy  was
sailing by
the point which was not more than 20 yards  he decided to swim for it
.The row
boat was found and he was swept out  into the North sea

According to Harpers 1859 "There is a large stone frog the Indians
revere
(complete with drawing ) on MV; my own guess is that it would have been
be up
nearer Gay head where there is large stone ; ...ribit ..ribit

far be for me to suggest that boasting marks are the irregular marks you

describe ; which means the chisel that is sold as a "boaster" is not
that at all
;but something else entirely different ..... now there is tooling
marks(gauges) made with a point chisel.....very common in medieval work
as  keys  to
hold plaster; or lime render

PY