From:
Colin McDonald <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 23 Apr 2007 01:43:35 -0600
lu:
it's probably the smallest board inside the radio, and probably the only
small board that has a single variable resister on it.
Take the pannel off and find the small board inside.  Then, once you have
found the board that you think is the right one, and reference the
adjustible resister that you suspect is the right one, turn the rig back on
and  tweek the VR a bit and see if the voice gets louder or softer...its a
process of elimination...as long as you don't make large adjustments, you
can probably find the right VR without too much difficulty.
Its not a tube rig, so high voltage isn't an issue, and most of the chips
are pretty robust so touching them while the rig is on isn't going to
suddenly cause a melt down.
I have adjusted many a radio in this way, since sometimes it is the only way
to know if you are turning or adjusting the right component without having
hightech passive monitoring equipment.

73
Colin, V A6BKX