From:
Colin McDonald <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 17 Apr 2007 10:09:03 -0600
I have noticed when reading about old radio stations from the 20's and 30's,
that often they were housed in a hotel.
Is this because hotels were typically the tallest buildings around at the
time?  Not that this is particularly important for A M broadcast band
antennas.
Or was it because hotels back then rented space more so then they do now?
I'm curious as to the reason this was done.
One of the first A M broadcasters was housed in a local hotel here, and it
is also what spawned our largest current local amateur radio club.
Early radio was very much simbiodic with amateur radio around here.  They
seemed to develop at about the same rate early on.
73
Colin, V A6BKX