From:
T Behler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 8 Apr 2007 19:06:18 -0400
Hi, all, and Happy Easter!

Does anyone know if the Icom 746 can be programmed via a computer, like the
Kenwood TMV7A or THF6A?

I don't think it can, but maybe I'm wrong.

If so, is the software available on line somewhere?

How about the needed programming cable?

I am going to be the main net control station for the state-wide Michigander
Bike Tour this summer, and thought the 746 would be a great rig to use,
since it has HF, and VHF all in one radio.

But, if the rig can't be programmed via the computer, using it may be more
trouble than it's worth, because some of the functions on the radio (such as
PL tones) aren't very blind friendly.

Thanks, and 73 from Tom Behler: KB8TYJ