From:
Colin McDonald <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 29 Mar 2007 13:27:41 -0600
the whip  should unscrew from the bass.
If it is a 5 8's wave, the whip and bass load will come off together.
If it is a quarter wave, just the whip will unscrew from the bass with
possibly a small NMO mount or something.
Coil up the coax or fold it up and tie it with string, tape, a rubber band
twist tie, what ever.
Sometimes there is a plastic ring between the bottom of the whip and the
magnetic mounting assembly, just be sure that when you take it apart, you
put it back together at least once to make sure you didn't drop or miss
place any peaces.
Most of them are very very simple, but I have seen some that have a ring and
moisture guards in the form of rubber rings or gaskets around the connecter
on the magnetic mount as well as around the connecter on the bass of the
whip itself.  Sometimes if you lose these, the antenna won't fit back
together snuggly and you will have stress on the connecter or other parts of
the assembly.
73
Colin, V A6BKX