From:
John Miller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 25 Feb 2007 14:16:18 -0500
Any of the Kenwoods are accessible, 2 meters or 2 and 440, the duel banders
have speech read out for frequency and in some cases PL tone, like the
tmg707A. The TM-271A doesn't, it's a 2 meter only radio, but beyond that,
it's the easiest to use 2 meter radio I've ever seen. I'm thinking about
buying a third one. It looks, after putting a watt meter on my spare radio
in the house, and my packet radio, like that TM271 I have in the go kit will
end up on packet since on the packet radio and another spare the power's way
down. Anyway, I like the radio enough to buy another one for my go kit if I
have to use the one in there now on packet, that should say something for
it. I have another one in the mobile. When we got lost on a trip a little
over a month ago, I was able to scan, find a frequency, get the tone by a
search and get help no problem.