From:
Colin McDonald <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 26 Dec 2006 02:55:07 -0700
I always wondered why credit cards have raised numbers still? The machines
that a credit card goes through these days uses the magnetic strip on the
back instead of an imprint of the actual numbers.
some credit card companies will put the holders name in raised letters as
well, which is another question mark.
Why not implement small braille on the card, at least to indicate type or
bank or something.
An M, or  V or an AE would suffice just fine.
I also wonder if a person were to emboss their own braille simbol on the
card if it would void its use?
73
Colin, CF6BKX