Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
Date:
Wed, 7 Feb 2007 22:03:10 -0800
7BIT
From:
David Gillett <[log in to unmask]>
On 7 Feb 2007 at 0:59, [log in to unmask] wrote:

> I keep getting this error out of the blue popping up on my pc, it shuts down
> my pc and then i have to restart !  Any idea as to how to fix it  -  thanks .
> . .
>
> " This program has preformed an illegal operation and will be shut down -
> mshtml.dll has created a page fault "    Help !

  A page fault is the signal to the CPU that some piece of code is trying to
refer to a location in "virtual memory" that doesn't currently map to real
RAM.  These happen all the time; a handler in the OS kernel locates the
necessary block on disk, swaps out a block not currently in use, swaps in
the block from disk, maps the right virtual addresses to that block, and
tells the original code "try it again now".
  Except what if it can't find anything on disk that's supposed to be at
that virtual address?  Somehow, the code is looking off into some space
where nothing is supposed to be.  That will get you an error message on the
screen....

  Within the last week, somebody posted here about a similar error from
mshtml.dll, and an answer asserted that they needed to reinstall their video
driver.  I'm not 100% positive that that is the source of your problem, but
errors like this do tend to occur when one piece ov code gets a bad data
value from an incorrect or corrupted video driver and offers it to a Windows
kernel routine assuming it's a valid value.

David Gillett

                    Digest mode - visit our web site:
                   http://freepctech.com/pcbuild.shtml