Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
John Miller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 2 Mar 2007 12:49:17 -0500
True, but there's a very very very big difference between almost unusable,
like the DVD recorders and stuff, and useable with slight limitations like
the XM satellite radios and Sirius. I guess for some it's a fine line, but I
have learned over the years that if there's any way in the world I can use
it, that's fine because when you start pushing for minor things to be
spoken, eventually what you run in to is, people wanting more than just a
few models of product X that are 100% accessible and the companies are not
going to cater to a small group. If you meet them part way, let them know
what they can do to make it easier, most of them will listen to and possibly
work with you. I've talked to cell phone providers and various other product
companies about stuff like that and if you do in demanding you want speech
read out on the screen, they'll demand you go bother some one else. If you
suggest things that you're willing to live with, different beeps, or
something like that, an easy interface, they'll listen and do it. You can't
see the screen, so what, you can't see out your window either, neither can
I, is my house not accessible? Let's get rid of windows or have something
that tells constantly what's going on outside. Hell, let's complain about TV
since we can't see what's on the screen, or work in the menus or anything.
Seen a high end coffee maker these days? I don't think I could work my
mother's very well, let's go after those companies too. There m ay be work
around, I don't know I've never used it, but hell, half the people in this
conversation on the other list had never  used XM radio and they come in
with idiotic comments, so what the heck, let's all do it. OK, I've had
enough, I'm going to get my not accessible VE testing materials, and put it
in my not accessible backpack, go to my not accessible cellar, and get
something I'm giving some one, btw, that person and item are also not
accessible, and put them in my not accessible closet so I can get ready for
my not accessible busy day tomorrow and afternoon today for that matter. In
other words, I have better things to do than worry about the minor things.
The stuff I can't use at all, of a product, that's worth worrying about but
if I have 90% usability, it's not worth it.