From:
Joy Mendez <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Joy Mendez <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 25 Nov 2006 12:05:13 -0500

Okay, apparently I don't know enough to keep info to myself.  I've been at this diet since my son
was diagnosed eight years ago.  I know what to ask and I know what I can personally accept as
valuable information. If you are not comfortable with it as stated, you are welcome to contact
McDonald's yourself for clarification. Their phone number and email address are listed on their
website.

My understanding is that modified food starch is NOT the problem everyone thought it was years
ago. To quote Ann Whelan in the Spring 2006 issue of Gluten-free Living...

"In all my 13 years of following the GF diet, and ten years studying ingredients, I don't know of a
single instance where a modified food starch turned out to be modified wheat starch.  That's not a
guarantee, but it's enough eveidence for me not ot worry about this ingredient. It also suggests
that all the years celiacs spent worrying about modified food starch and avoiding thousands of
products due to unidentified "modiified foot starch" may have ben unnecessary." pg 9

Now, if you still think distilled vinegar is a problem, then by all means don't eat sauces with it in it.
If you think McD's is dishonest in reporting their information because "they lied to us about their
fries," then please don't eat there.

All I know is that my son has perfect annual blood tests (so I'm doing something right), and we eat
at McD's far more often than I care to admit only because we tend to travel a lot and I have found
them to be a safe place to get my son a burger.  Bon appetit.

Joy