ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Kathy Du Bois <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 5 Mar 2007 19:55:05 -0500
Phil,
Here in Maine, beginning around May, we get these nasty little things
called black flies.  I believe that they are like the third plague in
the bible.  They only die after about three days of 90 degree weather
and good luck getting that before July in Maine.  Anyway, the
environmental movement is very powerful out here in Maine so there is
no spraying allowed.  You just have to live with the things.  The
mosquitoes hit around June and between them and the black flies,
sitting outside can be almost impossible in the evening, but, at
least screens can keep them out of the house, unlike cockroaches that
seem to get into everything!  GRIN!