ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Phil Scovell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 5 Mar 2007 16:21:55 -0700
Kathy,

When I was an assistant pastor in western Colorado, the town of 800 people
we lived in paid for a spray plane to spray for mosquitoes two or three
times each summer.  I thought they were bad in Minnesota but western
Colorado is unbelievable for mosquitoes.  It was so bad, I got so I wouldn't
work out in the yard between 6 and about 8:30 in the evening hours.  They
were still bad after that but nothing like they were during feeding time.
Anyhow, I said all of that to comment on the bug spray the planes used.  It
would choke a horse.  There ain't nothing like sitting on the couch
listening to some soft music when all of the sudden, the loudest noise
you've ever heard passes over your house about 6 inches above your roof, I'm
kidding, but they do fly very low, and then as the sound of the engine dies
away, the god awful stink comes rolling through your opened windows.  You
cough, spit, blow your nose, and the mosquitoes laugh and keep on flying and
biting because they are used to it.  I always said, the airplane killed more
mosquitoes with it spinning prop flying low over the town than the bug
spray.

Phil.