ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Kathy Du Bois <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 9 Jan 2007 11:36:07 -0500
Hi Guys,
	Well, my dad had hip replacement surgery over a week ago, but he
hasn't been doing very well.  He was moved to a nursing home last
Friday.  This morning, my brother called Greg to let him know that my
Dad's heart stopped for a bit this morning and he has been taken back
to the hospital, but I don't even know which one!  It's one of those
times when I could kick Greg for not being more curious.
	I don't exactly know what to ask for in prayer.  My dad used to be a
tough farmer and woodsmen.  He worked for more than twenty years
building tug boats for the government.  If something needed to be
done, my Dad would jump for the chance to serve and do it.  He did a
lot of heroic stuff during W.W.II also and, in short, he has been
really frustrated with his physical decline over the past few
years.  He's truly just running down.  His kidneys have been slowly
failing for a while.  He has been on medication for, the Lord only
knows what all.  For a guy who used to lift 300 pounds, to be content
with a short walk out to the mailbox, has been a tough pill to
swallow.  I'm sure that he would be much happier in heaven.  The hard
thing is that, first of all, I may not get a chance to say goodbye
because we are so far apart, and secondly, my Mom has made caring for
Dad  her universe.  This is going to be very hard on her.  Perhaps my
prayers are these, peace for our family, especially for Mom, if she
truly has to say goodbye to the love of her life, and wisdom for us,
meaning Greg and myself, as we consider whether we should pull the
kids out of school and head west, or stay put and wait to hear more
definitively, what is going on.  It's hard to know that the rest of
the family is gathering, but that we are too far away.  I know, I
will gather with them in spirit, but that is hard to accept.
Kathy