From:
Gordon Totty <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 5 Nov 2007 15:26:46 -0500
I apologize if this is a dumb question, but lately my ability to ask dumb questions is increasing with age.  I've become interested in printers with so called built in wireless network capabilities.  My idea was that I could set this type of printer up "free standing" and my wife could print to it from anyhwhere in the house.

Today, I checked them out at Best Buy, only to be told that the printer can only be accessed through a computer - it must be connected to a computer.  If that is so, then what is the advantage of the built-in network card in the printer?  Couldn't I achieve the same result merely by having the computer on the network and designating the printer as a shared resource?

Am I missing something here?

Gordon Totty

                     visit our download web page at:
                  http://freepctech.com/downloads.shtml