Date:
Tue, 17 Jul 2007 00:42:03 -0500
> Is there any way that your wife could could more meals to accommodate your
> diet?  I am lucky because my family are excited about this WOE, too.

Hi Trish. My wife has been putting up with my diet for about 5 years now I
guess. She knows what I will eat and won't eat, and she cooks mostly paleo
for me. But she does like lots of carbs so she also makes things for her and
the kids, and I usually have small portions of that too, as long as it does
not have  wheat. She does not like to make two separate main dishes, one for
me and a different thing for everyone else, and I don't blame her! I am too
busy these days to do much of my own cooking, so I accept her decisions,
since she is pretty good about it all.

She also makes sure I get a good variety of veggies that I probably would
not eat otherwise. So all in all it is not a bad situation.

I am not terribly worried about my weight anyway. I am pretty lean except
for a roll of stomach fat. If I lost 5 more pounds I would weigh about what
I did in college 25 years ago, when I was running cross country. I just
thought it was interesting that I was losing some weight by getting back to
almost pure paleo. I am not exercising much right now either, so it isn't
that.

It's really hard to not heat the breads

My hobby was baking bread before I started paleo. I can sympathize.
Actually, by now I have little trouble passing up wheat products. I
occasionally eat pie or pizza, but less and less often.

  Can we eat sweet potatoes and still remain true to paleo?

I believe so, yes, but some may disagree. For me I try to keep low carb most
of the time, but I do eat the occasional sweet potato.

Trish