Date:
Tue, 9 Jan 2007 21:06:58 -0500
Jim wrote:
> This too is my favorite paleo topic.  There's a lot of information to
> digest!  Well done.  Can't wait to dig a little deeper into your
> theories.  I'll be particularly interested in reading how Hoggan and
> Moody respond.

Thanks, Jim. Yes, it would be interesting to see their take on this. I know
Todd has been skeptical of molecular mimicry in the past, so perhaps he can
find any flaws in my thinking.

Molecular mimicry is likely not the only factor in autoimmune disease--human
biological processes tend to be more complex than that--but there are so
many connections in the chain of...

- modern foods containing fibrous proteins
- bacteria and viruses having fibrous protein cells on their surfaces
- the human body having fibrous protein cells in many of its organs
- fibrous protein cells often being the targets of a misdirected immune
system in autoimmune illness

that molecular mimicry does seem like a key factor, perhaps the most
important factor.