NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Elizabeth Rock <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 30 Jan 2007 11:33:25 -0500
I'd like to add my congrats to Don for doing this good work for 10
years. This list was a lifesaver to my sister and I and my nephew, who,
after much illness and misery, had been diagnosed at age 6 as LI. It's
easy to forget that 10 years ago much of what we know now was just
coming to the forefront, amidst a great deal of misinformation. This
list was a great source to us, and I'm sure to many worried and baffled
parents, where we could come to get the true gen, as they say, on
lactose-related issues.
My nephew, now in college, seems to be entirely free of his lactose
intolerance, (knock on wood) I believe thanks in great part to the
measures we all took based on this list's information. And my LI
partner has also become a fan. (Can't you go ask the list? he'll say,
about some thorny food issue.) I think we've all seen a huge
improvement in the quality/variety of food available to us, as well as
the access to information and sensitivity to the issue from companies
and restaurants compared to those earlier days - and that's due to the
focused attention of groups like this.

Although I'm pretty quiet here these days, I still read the list. It's
just part of my daily routine; and (although I too recall its early,
stormy days!) I like and respect the community that's grown up around
it. In some odd way, I guess I'd miss it if I unsubscribe. Anyway,
kudos to Don for doing such good work.
best -
Libby Rock