From:
mike stanz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 2 Dec 2008 21:03:07 -0500
its my belief that you can discharge yourself and remain static free under
the right circumstances. like, prepare a work area with rubber floormats
that continue under the leggs of the work table and the leggs of the chair
you'll be working out of. now, go onto a rug and rub, then go sit at your
chair and touch the case of the pc your working on- zap! now your discharged
so continue to hook-up your static free wristband and clip it to the case.
your good to go. if you don't get the discharge "zap" then there is cause
for concern because you didn't discharge your static electrical field. I'm
open forrebuttles but i'm almost certain 'm correct here.   mkstanz   good
luck.

                         PCBUILD's List Owners:
                      Bob Wright<[log in to unmask]>
                        Mark Rode<[log in to unmask]>