From:
mark wilson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 16 Jan 2007 13:28:00 -0800
A year or so ago, there was discussion here regarding
fasting blood sugars.  Several people spoke up, and if
I remember correctly, there were four or five of us
who had seen our blood sugars creep up into the high
90's, even though we were all following  fairly
strict, low carb paleo diets.  I was one of those.
When I started paleo, my fasting levels were always in
the 83-87 range.  I've been testing fairly regularly
lately  and I'm still getting readings in the high
90's.

I had a chance to speak to Michael Eades via email
last week. I sent him an image of myself,
http://tinyurl.com/ykzm9e , to show him that I was not
overweight, and told him about my diet, and explained
my situation.  Unfortunately, he didn't have much to
offer in the way of advice that I hadn't already
tried, magnesium, cinnamon, avoid alcohol, ibuprofen,
and other meds.  He was actually surprised based on
all the info I provided him, that my fasting sugars
were so high.

The reason I'm concerned about this is because Richard
Bernstein mentions in his book that fasting levels
over 87 result in increased mortality.  Not good!  I
feel I'm doing everything right, but this one thing
won't go away despite my excellent, very low carb
diet, my exercise regime, which includes
weightlifting, high intensity interval work, and
cardio.

I'm taking a serious look at metformin right now, even
though I abhor the thought of going on a med for the
rest of my natural life.

Anyway, looking to get the discussion going again to
see if anyone has any brilliant ideas.....

Mark

http://tv.yahoo.com/collections/265