Date:
Tue, 2 Jan 2007 00:39:38 -0500
A postulate of the view of paleofood is that our ancestors of 20,000 years
ago were clever hunter-gatherers, living the simple life and eating
accordingly.
.
But then there is this:
"Hundreds of mazes and labyrinths are found scattered across Europe, parts
of
Africa, Asia and the Americas. They are composed of turf, hedges, stone,
brick, or
tile work on floors. There are paintings and carvings of mazes on rocks
that are
incredibly ancient. One of the oldest representations that I have found is
a 20,000-
year-old bracelet carved from a single piece of mammoth ivory, found at
Mezin,
Ukraine. This piece has a magnificent “Greek Meander” or “maze” design
which
predates any other maze we are going to discuss here, but most definitely
offers a
clue since this area of the world is that hot-spot of Grail legends
identified by
Littleton and Malcor.
What most people know about the maze, or labyrinth, is due to the myth of
Theseus and Ariadne. Briefly, the tale tells of King Minos of Crete, who
demanded tribute from Athens, after defeating them in a war."

The names used in myths change in time, for instance Ziu-Sudra of Sumer
became Noah of the Hebrews, so it looks like the maze story is much older
than we thought.

The quote is from "The Secret History of the World" by Laura Knight-Jadczyk
at
http://www.qfgpublishing.com/product_info.php?products_id=42&osCsid=456df99b2097e1aaacb48dabedbf96ab

Maybe paleo is not what we think it is/was/could have been.

William