Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
Date:
Thu, 11 Jan 2007 08:04:41 -0800
7BIT
From:
David Gillett <[log in to unmask]>
  No, you cannot delete the Administrator account.  In addition to having
its rights, it is also the "owner" of important system files, and its
internal "account number" is recognized as special.  (You *can* rename it,
and in NT and 2K this was often recommended as a security measure.)

  "All Users" and "Default User" are not real accounts.  Items in the "All
Users" folder are merged into the view of the system from whatever user is
currently logged in -- the Start menu you see is a combination of the Start
Menu folder under your account, and the one stored under "All Users".
  When a new user account is created, the files and folders under "Default
User" are copied as the initial profile of that new user.  If you delete
everything under Default User, any future new profiles will be empty (stuff
from "All Users" will still be seen).
  [You probably don't currently intend to ever create additional users, and
that's fine.  But I've seen cases where Windows decided something in a
profile had become corrupt, renamed the old one and created a brand new one
for the PC's user -- and that new profile begins as a copy of "Default
User"....]

David Gillett

On 10 Jan 2007 at 13:05, Diane Kroeckel wrote:

> I have several user accounts on my XP Pro system  The main account under
> my name, All users, and then Default User and Administrator.  Can I
> delete the Administrator and Default User accounts.  The account under my
> name has administrator rights.
>
> Diane Kroeckel

                    Digest mode - visit our web site:
                   http://freepctech.com/pcbuild.shtml