Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Brian McCarthy <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 19 Nov 2006 00:38:02 -0600
Wierdest thing.... I've had that problem a couple of times... Both were
so-called "e-machines" (although I'm pretty sure that is more coincidence
than anything...)

I'm trying to remember what the message was that came up, but I'm getting a
"weak bits in that sector" error. <grin>

However, I DO remember it being an odd one... But, I digress.

I'm not much for trying to figure out "why" things happen... I'm more of a
"look at the sheepguts under the light of a full moon and make it work
again" kinda guy.

On one of the machines (the first one) I just put the hard drive in a "known
good" computer, and installed Xp. Then I put the hard drive back in the
original computer (a ComPaq iPac) and let XP make the changes it needed to
run. (All the "Windows has found new hardware" stuff.)

The second time it happened I pulled one of the two SIMMs (NO idea why) and
tried installing again and "be damned" if it didn't work. <shrug>

How's THAT for a story to share while you're waiting for your PowerPoint
presentation to load...

May the Grid bless....

Brian D. McCarthy

>Just to restate your current situation - you have a computer on which you
>have installed a new motherboard and a new hard drive. When you try to
>install XP pro, you get a message that there is a problem and the computer
>shuts down.
>
>Assuming that the new motherboard and hard drive are good and both
>configured correctly, I would check to make sure the RAM is good and seated
>securely.
>
>I don't know what else to suggest since the problem occurs part way through
>the installation rather than at the beginning. Others may have some more
>ideas.
>
>Tom Mayer
>
>Kay Huff wrote:
>>Kay Huff
>>SEAM Team
>>I sure home someone has some ideas for me.
>>

>>During a system restore my computer crashed.   It would never boot after
>>this, not even with a restore disk. (tech support suggested the restore
>>because I was having a problem with the scanner)
>>
>>Installed a new Motherboard.
>>
>>When trying to install Win XP Pro I got an error message that there was a
>>problem detected and needed to shut down windows.
>>
>>This in the middle of install.
>>
>>This happened on several tries.
>>
>>Ordered a new hard drive.
>>
>>Trying once again to install the OS.  Again got the same error messages.
>>
>>What else could possibly be wrong?  This is a new system. (home built)
>>
>>The mother board is asus P5NSLI
>>NVIDIA nForce 570  SLI, Intel Core2
>>
>>I've already been two weeks without this system and it is my main system
>>so
>>I'm beginning to feel the pain.
>>
>>I desperately need advice.
>>
>>TIA,K
>>

>        The NOSPIN Group has added a new feature on our website,
>           web based bulletinboard for questions and answers:
>              Visit our sister website at http://nospin.com

Say hello to the next generation of Search. Live Search – try it now.
http://www.live.com/?mkt=en-ca