ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Phil Scovell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 13 May 2007 16:30:44 -0600
I am posting this deliberately for a good reason.  Since this topic is being
discussed, I know what happens as a general rule.  Some are offended.  Why?
Because they have a million good reasons why things didn't work out even
when they prayed for just the opposite to happen.  When it comes to faith
and marriages, faith and money, faith and the salvation of others, faith and
healing, faith and relationships, and a whole lot of other topics, you are
dealing with your faith and that of someone else's faith, or lack there of.
Faith does not work without prayer and prayer does not work without faith.
Therefore, if you are praying alone about something and it isn't working,
you need someone with whom you can agree.  You must also be willing to
change your concept of who you think God is based upon what you have been
taught.  In other words, this is not something you try and well, bless God,
it didn't work so it must not be true.  It is not the old axiom, seeing is
believing, but rather, it is a new thing called believing is seeing, seeing
by faith.  Don't be offended, therefore, if you don't agree or don't
understand and choose not to believe because it wasn't how you were taught.
That's ok.  Jesus meets with us wherever we are.  There are many reason, on
the other hand, why our faith isn't working and those issues will be
discussed so do not out run your headlights because you might get run down
in the darkness.  The father of all lies loves road kill and especially when
he can do it using god's own Words against you to bring confusion.

Phil.