ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Sharon Hooley <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 11 May 2007 20:17:33 -0600
Phil,

Did I miss a question, or is this the second one?  Anyway, here's my
response:

Jesus says that if we have faith the size of a grain of mustard seed, we can
move mountains. (I hope I'm not using the wrong words here.)  I think some
people interpret this as, the faith remains mustard-seed size, but others
say, no, the mustard seed grows into a large tree.  I guess it doesn't
really matter what happens, or doesn't happen, to it, because it all comes
from the Lord, and it is enough for whatever is needed.  In the New
Testament, it says that God has dealt to every man the measure of faith.
Also, I wonder if size/amount is an issue.  After all, when I sit on a
chair, I don't think about how strongly I believe that it will hold me up.
Another thing is that our faith should not be in "our faith," but in God, as
Jesus told us to do.  I also remember, Phil, when we were praying one
evening, you described the force of faith being utilized like water in a
hose with different shapes of nozzles.  It may look like you're
increasing/decreasing the amount of water flowing through it, but really all
you're doing is changing the pressure of the same amount of water.

Sharon