ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
VIRGIE UNDERWOOD <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 7 Apr 2007 22:38:47 -0400
Hi Phil,
I am aware that you do not have to agree with everything posted on echurch.
I was taken by surprise by what you said and in the way it was stated.  I
realize you have strong feelings about this man, his past history, and in
the way he left the church, all of which is very understandable.  When I
sent the message to echurch I had no knowledge of the man or his past
history nor any knowledge of your personal involvement in the church.  Of
course there is a lot of emotion surrounding this entire situation because
you had to clean up the messy situations left by him.  I do not believe that
anyone could lose a child in a senseless tragedy and not be changed.  I am
not condoning his prior actions or the way he handled them but I think he
would have to be a changed person forever.  No matter what happened in the
past he is still her father and his heart must ache because of the loss of
his daughter. I cannot judge this man but I can feel compassion for him.
Our Lord Jesus is the ultimate judge and He forgives our sins if we
sincerely repent and ask for that forgiveness.  I pray that he has asked for
forgiveness of his sins and that he is obeying the will of God to the best
of his ability.
Virgie and Hoshi