ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Sun, 11 Feb 2007 10:49:56 -0600
When I was a kid, it was an everyday occurrence for kids to call each
other names. We won't go into most of them, but some were done in a sense
to harm, and some were  spoken as a light "shoulder slug" type joke.
One  of the phrases we'd here if we messed up or made a mistake , and
perhaps you are familiar with it if you are seasoned or mature in age
enough? *smile*,  was "Way to go you Nimrod!". Well? As we are told, we
refer to the Bible for counsel and direction. And would you believe that
very name was addressed even way back then? All the  way from shortly
after this world reached four digits old into the 60's kids were calling
out that name, isn't that amazing. Well, here is what God's word says
about the name Nimrod, which is a little different than us kids had
intended.

"One of the descendants of Cush was Nimrod, who became the first of the
kings.  He was a mighty hunter, blessed of God, and his name became
proverbial. People would speak of someone as being "like Nimrod-a mighty
hunter, blessed of God."

Brad