ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Kathy Du Bois <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 11 Jan 2007 18:28:46 -0500
HI Guys,
	I'm still here.  I make one plan and then the family says, "wait,"
and I get sent back to square one.  I had been planning on heading
out today, but my Dad had some tests done on his liver to see if it
was still functioning and so they asked me to wait.  His liver is
fine, so they did dialysis today for the kidneys and that really
cleared him up.  Now, here's the rub.  My mom wants him to try
dialysis again tomorrow, and it will probably help, but my Dad is
very clear that he doesn't want to be on dialysis for the rest of his
life.  I think my Mom is hoping that, as his head clears, he'll
change his mind, but everybody else is kind of thinking that that
won't happen.  Anyway, my next plan was to fly into Detroit.  I can
get a straight shot from Bangor to Detroit and another brother can
pick me up from there, but it would be a nine hour drive to get the
the hospital where my Dad is.  However, these plans aren't firm yet
either.  At this point, if I had my way, I'd still fly to Green Bay
either Sunday or Monday.  I can't get an emergency fair on  Friday or
Saturday, plus, we won't know anything further until after Dad has
his dialysis tomorrow.  I'm not the only one in this fix, however,
there are others in my family who are also hanging and changing, so
don't think that my family is just picking on me or anything.

It will get sorted out one way or another.  I'm getting some real
pece about all this, that God knows what he is doing.  You may want
to pray for the travel agent though.  She's having to work right with
us.  I had to laugh because today, when Greg called, he started with
a medical update on my Dad.  I hope that she doesn't think that we've
completely lost it or something.

Anyway, God bless, and thanks for praying.  Truthfully, I think that
Dad wants to go, but Mom isn't ready to let him.  My heart really
aches for her.

God bless,
Kathy