ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Kathy Du Bois <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 23 Dec 2006 08:12:36 -0500
Thanks Vinny,
He did come home Thursday evening.  Yesterday, he spent about six
hours looking for another place to flop, but ended up here again last
night.  I suppose that he's not real crazy about some of the rules,
the extreme restrictions that we've placed on the computer, we won't
let him drive the car, for now anyway, until he can insure himself,
he has to smoke outside and we've told him that he can't have any of
his current friends over, but he is accepting this, so far, with
understanding.  We've told him that he can stay here while he looks
for a full time job and then think about providing his own roof over
his head.  He is talking as though he is truly appreciative, but it
is definitely not a permanent   solution.  I"m sure that he is
anxious to be out on his own again, and we are anxious that he not
get too comfortable.  Also, if he goes out partying, we are planning
on telling him not to bother coming home, but to sleep it off where
he is.  This evening, we are going caroling with some friends and he
wants to come along.  I have no clue if he will be in church
tomorrow.  He may come to the evening service.  It's my favorite
service of the year with tons of singing and candles.  It's just cozy.

Last night, while Greg was bringing him home in the car, He said that
he wished that we would trust him and Greg told him flat out that we
don't trust him and that he has done a lot of damage to our
relationship with him.  Last night, for the first time, that finally
seemed to sink in.  He was in tears last night when he thanked us for
taking him back in.  Whether those were crocodile tears or genuine,
only God knows.  We don't trust him and we are staying very cautious
and alert, but we love him and we want to see him succeed, so we
continue to proceed with God's wisdom and pray for the best.

thanks for praying Vinny.  I'm a little scared, but I am trying hard
to claim God's peace in the situation and also to remember that this
is my home and I am the authority, under Greg, of course.
Kathy