ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Peggy Kern <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Peggy Kern <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 21 Dec 2006 07:45:39 -0800
Also please pray my son learns somehow to be a person
with better character.  If he fails to become such I will have failed as a
parent
and that will be the worst thing which can happen.

Angel, I don't think a child having a poor character necessarily means
you've failed as a parent.  Remember, your son has free will, and can and
will choose how to live his life, whether his choices are wise or foolish.
Our job as parents is to do our best to teach them well, but not to live
their lives and make their choices for them.  That's their responsibility.
I'm sure you've done the best you could in teaching him right values.  If it
were true that the children's characters always indicated what kind of
parent they had, what would our characters and sinfulness say about God?  So
please don't beat on yourself.  I will pray though that your son comes to
see the error of his ways and changes direction.

Hugs,

Peggy