ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Phil Scovell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 12 Dec 2006 22:57:50 -0700
I received a call today from a lady that I prayed with perhaps a year ago.
No, I remember now.  It was a year ago last summer.  I only prayed with her,
as I recall, twice.  Both times, however, she had some very unusual
experiences of healing.  I have written about one of the experiences, with
her permission and after she proof read the testimony herself, which is
called The Room Of Light.  It is still on my website.  In all the hundreds
of things I have heard in prayer sessions, this one is in the top ten.
Plus, I learned some very very important things in these two prayer sessions
that have assisted me in praying with others since that time.  I'd explain
what I am referring to but it would take a book just laying the background.
Anyhow, I emailed her occasionally after she stopped coming to my office and
once and awhile she would reply.  I called her a couple of times and
eventually got a hold of her.  She told me that she had found a Christian
therapist she was going to see because this therapist used a common
psychological technique that was supposed to really help people.  I am
familiar with that technique, have read a lot about it, and even have met
Christian therapists who use the technique and claim it works.  I have no
doubt it works, to a point, but if I explain the technique to you in detail,
you would likely, as a Christian, say it sounds like hypnosis because that's
what it sounds like to everybody that hears about it.  Therapists insist, of
course, it is no such thing.  Anyhow, the lady called today and is coming
back for prayer.  I have prayed for her many times since I last saw her
because the Lord showed me something as I prayed for her one day, and it
came up in our second prayer session without me mentioning a thing.  This
was when she experienced this room of nothing but light.  By the way, Jesus,
she said, led her into this room.  I know someone else on this list who has
experienced a similar room of light.  This light, by the way, is the
Holiness of God and not physical light, although it appears to be light in
physical terms.  So, I just praise the Lord I get to talk and pray with this
lady again.  Strangely enough, in the last week, I have thought about this
lady and prayed for her, as I always do when someone comes to mind, but it
blew me away when she called today.  Try and tell me there is no God who
hears and answers prayers.

Phil.

It Sounds Like God To Me.
www.SafePlaceFellowship.com