ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Pat Ferguson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 5 Apr 2007 22:53:40 -0500
Hi Loving Family,

I have a few prayer requests, please.

Some of you know about me being disenrolled from Medicare Part D.
through Humana. This happened without my knowledge or permission.

I went to fill a prescription in February, and was told I was no
longer enrolled in Medicare part D. through Humana.

I've been trying to resolve this situation, and this has not been
resolved. I am very frustrated. I received a phone call from our
insurence agent this evening, and he told me I had to write a letter
of greevence to Humana so that they can re-instate me.

This really makes me mad, because what happened is that someone at
Medicare entered the wrong code which disenrolled me from Medicare
Part D through Humana. Why can't people be responsible for their actions?

Also, in 1979 I was offered Medicare,part B.  and because Vernon had
excellent health coverage, I turned it down and didn't take it. I
couldn't see having Medicare when we had excellent health coverage. I
didn't want to waste the government's money. I found out, in 2001
that I could not enroll in Medicare part B. without a penalty of ten
percent a year for not taking it when it was offered to me. I tried
very hard to get proof that I had been covered by Vernon's health
insurence from 1979 through 1983 when we moved back here to South
Dakota. I couldn't get proof from Verizon who was GTE at that time. .
We didn't even have proof that we had insurence from 1984 through
about 1988. I've written letters to Social Security, and they have
never replied to my letters. I even had Stephanie Herseth's office
contact them for me, but they just said that this was the law and
there were no exceptions.

Last year, in 2006, I spoke with the head of the Social Security
office in Huron South Dakota, and he recommended that I write a
letter requesting equitable relief. I did this, and I've heard
nothing from the Social Security administration.

I know this is the law, but why can't they accept the fact that I was
trying to save the government money?

I'm asking that you all please pray about these two situations. I'm
paying over $300.00 a month for Medicare out of my SSDI check. I feel
that this law should not even be in existance. I don't have the money
to get an attourney to help me resolve these issues. I feel like they
are just against me, and I know I shouldn't feel this way but I do.

Thank you very much for praying.

Love you all,
Pat Ferguson