ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Phil Scovell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 12 Dec 2006 18:55:07 -0700
I am writing in detail because many of you have been praying for
our daughter for years.  I just wanted to explain what the latest
was about Gretchen.  Last Sunday, I believe it was, Gretchen came
out into my office to tell me something funny that happened at
work.  She talked for a few minutes and since I have been telling
her for about four months that I need to speak with her
concerning, Everett, her oldest son, I took the opportunity.
Gretchen's boyfriend, with whom she sometimes lives with, if you
get my drift, is not a Christian nor does he wish to be.  A few
months ago, he made an appointment to come and see me in my
office.  He is an x druggy, although he has done drugs with
Gretchen in the last six months or so more than once so he really
is still a druggy I guess, and since his parents are very wealthy,
over his entire life, he has been to all types of counselors,
psychologists, and psychiatrists.  He is a nice guy but so am I
and being nice doesn't make you a Christian.  So, after an hour of
talking, I eventually covered the Gospel in as simple of words as
possible.  That really turned him off and he couldn't wait to get
off the topic of God and get out the office door and as far away
from me as possible.  No, I didn't threaten him or scare him.  In
fact, what you think about me wouldn't resemble the compassion I
showed toward this young man.  Besides, I know how to lead people
to Christ.  Yes, it is sad.  What does Mike, is his name, have to
do with my talk with Gretchen?  I'm glad you asked.  I started out
by asking Gretchen if she and Mike planned on getting married.
There was no definite answer there but when you sleep with
somebody and hang around them whenever you aren't sleeping or
working, not to mention talking about them nonstop, then the
possibility is likely.  Plus, she has hinted around about such
happening some day anyhow.  A couple of weeks ago, I felt anger in
my house.  It wasn't a personage, meaning, I didn't sense a
demonic presence, although some likely believe I find demons
everywhere all the time, but this feeling, and I know this sounds
very weird, but this feeling of anger was in the form of rage.
The anger, and rage, I felt, seemed painted on the walls of my
house when I focused on it.  I told you it sounded weird.  I
focused on the anger many times over a couple of days because, as
I grew up, and I did not understand why this was until recently, I
had rage buried deep that only surfaced once and awhile.  When it
did, I threw things, broke things, kicked doors down, yelled so
loud my voice was hoarse for days, and many other such things.
Fortunately, it happened rarely.  What did not happen rarely was
the feeling of rage.  By that I mean, I often found myself doing
nothing in particular but suddenly had a desire to throw something
or break something and so on, and for no reason.  I mean, I wasn't
even angry about anything at that moment of that feeling.  I
didn't react, of course, unless I was pushed into a corner but
this feeling of rage had personality.  I did not understand that
until a little over four years ago.  Now I know what it is and
what it was.  So, for a couple of days, I kept feeling this anger,
as I mentioned, but there was no personality feeling associated
with it.  How do I know?  Because each time I felt the anger, I
prayed and tried to locate where it might be coming from.  I also
quickly examined my own feelings and there was no desire to throw
anything, break anything, nor any feeling of being out of control.
This, in itself, surprised me.  I had noticed for well over two
years that fear itself no longer surfaced but now that I sensed
the anger, in the air sort of speak, I thought it quite unusual
that the accompanying presence, like something was there, didn't
exist.  One day, Sandy got a new cell phone in the mail.  She had
asked little Everett to show her a little about the phone.  During
the process, Everett went ape, as we say, and his anger overflowed
almost out of control.  The instant it happened, I spiritually saw
where the anger was.  Later, his anger occurred a second time and
this is why I took the opportunity to talk with Gretchen even
though she wasn't planning on it.  I made it perfectly clear that
I had recently been healed from the origin of my own rage by the
Lord not only showing me the first time I displayed the anger and
rage at about 10 years of age, but as I prayed, the Lord
immediately showed me where the anger came from.  You will find it
interesting, likely, that the rage I once had did not come from
anyone in my family nor did it comes from my ancestors, if you
are one who believes in generational curses.  In my talk with
Gretchen, I gave her no choices and explained that what Everett
was experiencing was largely the fact he had no father.  I know
that feeling incredibly well since my dad died when I was 11 years
old.  My grandson, on the other hand, has a father whom no one has
seen in years but still always spends more time in jail than any
place else.  Yet, little guys still want to see their real dad.
Even adult men often want to meat their dad.  Often such meetings
make things worse for them instead of better.  I told her I have
been waiting for a long time for her to take responsibility for
the sin she is living in, which I repeated three different times
and pointed out what God calls sleeping with someone else, not to
mention hanging around with a man who is not born again and
claiming him as her boyfriend, and I also made it clear that she,
and absolutely no one else, was solely responsible for the
behavior of her son.  I told her that she would either begin
taking responsibility as his mother or she wouldn't like the
decision I would have to make.  She tried to say she had already
lost her son but I told her I was sick of hearing that half ass
excuse.  By the way, sinners, living in sin, sometimes need to be
spoken to in the language which they understand and not in the
nice Christian language we all believe in is Godly.  You want to
hear force?  Let God speak to you just once in judgment and
you'll find out what real life is all about.  Furthermore, my
terminology came from the Bible and I can prove it.  Nothing like
being biblical.  If she wanted to marry an unsaved man, I told her
that was fine, but under no circumstances would she do that until
after her boys were raised.  Finally, Gretchen asked if she could
take Everett with her to a nearby Charismatic church.  This church
I know about, somewhat, and they have a good size youth group.
Everett loves such church activities.  I told her that she could
indeed start going to church there but first of all, her so called
boyfriend was in no way allowed to come when Everett was there.
I also said that she had to make a decision about her so called
relationship with her boyfriend or I would make it for her.
Secondly, I told her that I would be watching both her attitude,
and Everett's very closely.  If I saw no changes, the game was
over because I told her I refused to play any longer.  Children's
lives are at stake and I'm not standing before God and trying to
make up excuses why I didn't fulfill my part as, unfortunately,
the patriarch sort of speak, of the Scovell family.  By the way,
this is something the Lord showed me a few years ago, that is, my
spiritual responsibility as the head of my home.  This home
includes everybody that is my immediate descendant.  I personally
believe, since the Lord showed me this, the authority I have in
Christ Jesus shifted gears into areas I never dreamed possible.  I
have, furthermore, spoken with my oldest son in Florida and
explained this to him.  I informed him, like it or not, he was my
first born son and if anything happens to me, it passes on to him
to lead the Scovell family.  No, I'm not planning on dying but
this is a Biblical principle I am absolutely sold on so believe
what you will about it.  And some of you want to know why I'm such
a mean person.  By the way, and along these lines, Gretchen's
boyfriend has told her that at her, almost 28 years of age, that I
have no right to be telling her what to do.  Fine.  Believe what
you want but that won't keep me from standing my ground.  You
think I'm kidding.  Listen, several years ago, when my dumb ass
step father literally was physically abusing my 73 year old
mother, I called him up on the phone and left him a voice mail and
told him in no uncertain terms what he could expect if my mother
ever called me again and told me what he had done to her.
furthermore, I immediately called his pastor, the largest church
in Denver, and told him what my step dad had not only done but
what would happen if it ever happened again.  I think an over
weight blind man beating up a 70 year old man is a fair enough
match.  go to jail?  It would have been an honor for my mom's
sake.  By the way, the old fart never laid a hand on mom again
either and by the way, he did this a few weeks after her first
stroke.  Talk about somebody with rage, that was my step dad.
Now, back to what I was saying.  Gretchen has said she now will
spend more time with Everett than she had been, she went every
Sunday afternoon to spend with her boyfriend and left her son
here, and she said she would furthermore really help him in the
youth group at church.  So, there is a whole lot more than you
ever wanted to know.  You may not like me personally, nor my
attitude, but some day you will say, That Phil Scovell wasn't half
bad, you know?

Phil.