From:
ryan blokzyl <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
ryan blokzyl <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 21 Jul 2007 19:31:30 -0500

Hello,

My 3 year old son has Celiac disease.  My husband and I do not.  I have a 9
month old baby and am wonderign what your doctors have said about when to
introduce gluten to babies who are at higher risk for celiac disease.  My 9
month old has the gene to potentially get Celiac.

I have read many articles and doen some research  and it seems to me it is
unclear as to when  and research is still being done?
I know one study shows a lower risk for celiac if gluten was introduced
gradullay between  4-6 months.

Just wondering what your experiences have been or what your doctors have
recommended.

I gave my 3 year old son  gluten when he was  6 months old so I am
considering waiting until my baby is much older???

Thanks,
Suzanne

*******
*******