From:
mark wilson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 16 Mar 2007 17:15:55 -0700
--- [log in to unmask] wrote:

> I can't remember now.  Do you consider the stuff
> paleo?  It is in a class of foods that have been
> consumed for long enough and by a large enough
> percentage of the population to be paleo?  How many
> calories can be derived from this foodstuff?  Or is
> it used as something more than food?
>
> And what of the potential psychotropic effects I
> asked about yesterday?

I'm not an absolute purist, although 98% of the food I
eat would probably be considered paleo by most on this
list. As far a cocao goes, it's close enough in my
book, so I have no problem eating it.

I've noticed zero psychotropic effects in myself or my
family, so I don't give much credence to that theory,
and as was mentioned by others, assume the problems
come from the soy, milk, sugar, and other stuff they
add to it in this country.

Nutrition wise, it has 77 calories in a 28 gram
serving, 4.5 grams of fat, mostly steric acid, 12
grams of carbs, 11 of which are fiber, and 7 grams of
protein.

I probably should have mentioned earlier that I have
allergic reactions to regular roasted chocolate, but
like many other foods, do fine with it in it's natural
raw state.

Thanks for the discussion!

Mark

It's here! Your new message!