From:
Geoffrey Purcell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 25 May 2007 11:04:07 +0100
I already pointed out, in an earlier message re accounts of  how the Maori
were often afflicted by extensive  dental decay, long before settlers
arrived from the UK. Yet Weston-Price claims that they had perfect teeth. I
can't help therefore doubting the evidence of his photos - I mean, anyone
can make a point by choosing only the most perfect photos and discarding
those which don't fit in with the particular theory.

I certainly concede that dental health was much higher in the Palaeolithic
and for those Neolithic-era peoples who followed Palaeo lifestyles- and I'm
sure even a Weston-Price diet is  better for dental health than a modern one
filled with excess amounts of  sugars and refined carbohydrates . However,
interestingly it seems that dental health was by no means perfect even in
the Palaeolithic era:-

"From evidence found in human skulls, crooked teeth have been around since
the time of Neaderthal Man(about 50,000 years ago)"

taken from:-

http://tinyurl.com/233hx9

Geoff

>Date:    Wed, 23 May 2007 16:13:30 -0700
>From:    Janice Frasche <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Re: Re wisdom-teeth and orthodonture
>| (Full Text follows below0:-
>|
>| Human 'dental chaos' linked to evolution of cooking
>
>Actually the reason for poor dental arches is malnutrition and
>the same issues exist now with pets that are fed primarily
>processed food. Zoo carnivores in the wild do not need their
>teeth brushed.
>
>See photos of dental arches of people raised on processed foods
>compared to unprocessed native foods.
>http://www.soilandhealth.org/02/0203cat/020305ppnf/PPNFpartII.html
>--
>Janice - proofreading? what's that?
>Semavi Anatolians <in California> http://cobankopegi.com
>   http://www.cobankopegi.com/blog/ (pictures, fun, a little dis'n'dat)
>I fear explanations explanatory of things explained.

Like the way Microsoft Office Outlook works? You’ll love Windows Live
Hotmail.
http://imagine-windowslive.com/hotmail/?locale=en-us&ocid=TXT_TAGHM_migration_HM_mini_outlook_0507