From:
Juergen Botz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 25 Mar 2007 16:29:33 -0300
Carrie Coineandubh wrote:
> *** I have evidence to the contrary, actually.

This is exciting!  But I'd like to know a little more...

> I studied with an anthropologist who is also a registered
> nurse, [...] scientists assumed that paleo people died young
> [because] they didn't find any bones of old people. In truth
> they did find such [...but... ] the bones of paleo elders
> didn't suffer from the age-related changes common to modern
> society, so they were incorrectly identified as the bones of
> young or middle-aged adults. Once the individual reached
> adulthood, it became impossible to accurately age his or her
> skeleton.

Ok, so if I understand correctly you are saying that your
teacher had the advantage of also being a nurse and thus
having a finer sense of evidence of age, and this is how
she discovered this?

Can you be a little more specific and point to an example
of how she was able to identify some skeleton as being from
an older person that originally assumed?

Is any of this published anywhere?

:j