From:
Paleo Phil <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 12 Mar 2007 08:15:36 -0400
Leonie:
> I understood the Inuit diet to be high in fat and moderate in protein.
> Fat
> if I remember correctly is PH neutral. So could it have something to do
> with
> protein/fat ratio in meat ? Fatty meat would have less of an acidic
> load
> than lean meat.

Thanks for the response, Leonie. That is likely a factor, yes, but it seems
like there should be something alkalizing to offset the acid-forming lean
meat.

Your suggestion got me thinking some more and I thought, what if there are
alkaline organs in animals? I searched the net and did find one mention of
alkaline organs:

Vitality for You! (Vitalstoffkur): The RayonexR Treatment with Vital
Substances
www.healthleadsuk.com/download.php?attachid=101&catalogueid=1
"The digestive organs, particularly the liver, gall bladder, colon and small
intestines, depend upon a alkaline milieu. Therefore, they are sometimes
called the alkaline organs."

Does anyone know if this is true, and could animal organs (perhaps raw
particularly) be the source of alkaline-forming foods for traditional Inuit
and carnivores in general? Granted, alkaline does not necessarily mean
alkaline-forming, but it seems like a possible answer.

Also, human blood is slightly alkaline, so I'm guessing that the blood of
other animals is also slightly alkaline.