ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Sharon Hooley <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 21 Nov 2006 16:40:55 -0700
It seems to me that Jesus has told us exactly how to deal with a person's
questionable behavior or doctrine:  I believe it is so important to pray
about it first, for the Lord to guide me as to what I should say or do.
Then, if I still see something questionable, I need to go to that person
privately, just the two of us, and tell him/her honestly but calmly what I'm
seeing, ask if this is true.  If so, I need to share the scriptures that I
see contradicting this activity.  If the person refuses to back down and
examine what I have to say, then I need to bring in at least another person
whom the Lord knows is firmly grounded in the faith, as a witness.
(Actually I don't remember how many people, but it would be a very small
group.)  If the wayward person still refuses to repent, then, and only then,
we would need to tell the church.  And I agree with what Kathy says, you
criticize, you fix.  I pray that God will lead us to do this more often, and
I hope the same is being done with even the big church leaders.

Sharon