ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Phil Scovell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 15 Oct 2006 08:12:41 -0600
I have never done this before, not exactly like this anyhow, on echurch but
I am going to do it now.  We have been behind on some of our bills but it
has happened before and we have always gotten caught up.  This time,
however, I chickened out and asked my youngest son for a thousand dollars.
The Lord had really blessed his business lately and he gave it to me.  I had
made some poor financial decisions this week, Sandy's computer broke down a
second time, the power supply burned out, and our friend still has it at his
house.  She has been using mine to send messages to Dr. Cahill's pager for
whom she answers the phone.  Until the end of the week, I thought I had
everything covered but some checks bounced.  They were paid but I pay 35
dollars for each check that bounces even if they pay it.  So, at the moment,
we are 225 dollars overdrawn and tomorrow it will jump to 400 dollars
because of another bill coming in that is related to our life insurance.  We
have food but the 250 dollars Gretchen paid us Friday for two weeks of rent,
we had to put into the back to cover as much as we could.  Thus, Sandy
couldn't go grocery shopping this weekend like she normally does with that
rent money.  So, I have not been asking people for money but been asking
people to pray that 500 dollars comes in today, or right away Monday.  This
week, as I was praying and telling the Lord, "Hey, we are a little broke
down here, don't you think you could help out some?"  The Lord said, "Do not
use the word broke.  I am not broke so you are not broke."  There is more to
tell behind that statement but it would take an hour to explain.  He said it
was ok to say, bills are passed due, and the like, but you are not broke.
Some may ask, why don't you get a job.  Good question.  Sandy asks me that
every day.  I have been looking for months.  Nothing has come up.  The truth
is, I already have a job and I am working.  If I told you some of the
miracles I have recently seen, you would not believe it.  If the Lord opens
a door for me to work a securlar jobs, I will do it without hesitation but
one problem is, He hasn't told me to do that yet.  He has told me to do what
I am doing in ministry.  If Sandy's computer would not have broken down, and
if I would have let a couple of utility bills go for another two weeks, we
would be fine right now but when I made these payments, we had money to
cover everything.  Somehow, Jesus is orchestrating this whole thing.  Sandy
is suffering big time and that is the hardest for me to watch.  Yet, I know
who Jesus is and He knows who I am.  So, please pray for Sandy and pray for
the 500 dollars we need by tomorrow.  Please, please, please, do not
interpret this as though I am asking anyone to do anything other than pray
because, God as my witness, that is not what this is all about.  It is about
Jesus and Jesus alone.

Phil.