ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Kathy Du Bois <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 8 Jan 2007 08:30:26 -0500
Phil,
Just in case you're interested, I've found a lot of the suggestions
from the South Beach Diet helpful.    I don't follow the diet
religiously, but I used a lot of its information to help me turn a
corner and change my eating habbits.  I've lost 20 pounds so far and,
the best part is that the stomach is the first to go.  Greg and I
have always tried to walk three miles a day, but we also have an
eliptical in our basement now and I do that for 30 minutes a day, if
the weather is lousy.  I just started taking blood pressure
medication this last summer and my goal is to get off of it.  I feel
like I'm running away from medication.  Thinking like that has been
very motivating to continue with a healthier life style.  I always
thought that  I had a pretty healthy life style to begin with, but it
is amazing what you learn about how you can improve if you are determined.
Kathy