ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Phil Scovell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 7 Jan 2007 21:52:04 -0700
Brad,

I have a beer belly and don't even drink.  The only thing I hate about
health food stuff is how much it cost.  I do take multiple vitamins daily
but I have been on blood pressure meds for probably ten years and it works.
If I'd lose this beer gut, however, I probably wouldn't need the blood
pressure meds.  Man, when you get to be my age, getting on a good diet,
exercise program, and weight los program is easier said than done.  I worry
about heart attacks all the time, too.  We bought one of those Schwin air
dynes a few months ago and I really like it but trying to develope a daily
routines, is harder than I thought.

A few years ago, my son helped me measure 80 feet from one of my guy anchors
where the guy wires tie to my ham radio tower.  The cables came down and
were turn buckled to a 4 foot I D steel 10 foot pipe that was about five
feet into a concrete base.  I tied a thick rope between the guy anchor and
the pipe at the other end where the yard was long enough and 33 revolutions
around it equaled exactly a mile.  I did two, and often three, miles every
day.  The ground was rough and it got difficult to keep going but I found it
felt physically much better than two miles on my treadmill.  The problem was
the weather.  Snow, mud, and super cold temps made it difficult to keep a
daily schedule all year round.  Anyhow, my neighbors, after a few days of
seeing me doing this, called up and wanted to know what in the Sam Hill I
was doing.

Phil.