ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Sun, 7 Jan 2007 15:19:53 -0600
Oops *smile* don't read my rant then lol. Actually, I'd invite you to do
some research on the topic. You'll be amazed, and whether or not the
scripture is properly interpreted in the email post, I don't particularly
care as a reader, today's diet is so far from biblical suggested diets. No
we won't go to hell eating what we eat, but God gave over the suggested
foods for a reason, and that too, if given some of sciences nutritional and
health hazard findings, will prove God knew what he was talking about, and
he does not have the same interest in our health as FDA and drug companies.
Drug companies need money for research, perhaps one day they will find a
cure for that nasty disease cancer in which three people were prayed for in
our little church this morning, but I'd rather the government give the
money directly to them instead of promoting fiscal earning drugs  folks
don't need to the general public so heavily and deceiving the people. With
that I do respectfully disagree with the appropriateness of the article.
Perhaps not for some, but it does have biblical merit for maintaining our
bodies as a temple and trying to keep it healthy. Imagine if we ate
healthier, less reliant on drugs, and how much our prayer requests might be
reduced as a church. Can we disregard God's suggestion, eat what we want
and knowingly chew our way to health risks, and then have the gall to pray
for healing? It really is akin to knowing we'll be forgiven, but then sin
anyway only to follow up with a prayer of forgiveness. I won't argue it is
not an easy thing to do these days, eating healthy. It takes time, effort,
research, and perhaps more funds, but  probably not more than the
deductible for monthly prescriptions provided one has insurance to begin
with. I don't know, I tend to think this one is valid to bring up, for
awareness sake but not continual bashing sake.

Brad