ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Thu, 4 Jan 2007 06:28:08 -0600
Virgie,

A few weeks back now, probably a month, his fiance/girlfriend  returned my
call to them while I was at work. I didn't have opportunity to talk too
much  and  asked my nephew if he'd be at home that night, and he said yes.
I called but no one was home, tried her cell phone the next day twice , and
left a message. I hadn't heard back so tried a week or so later, no answer
again. I didn't find out until just before Christmas they had a major fight
and split up. He's living at his mom's, which does not thrill me to say the
least and she and the little one are yet at her grandparent's cabin. I'm
planning to call her because we didn't get to see her over the holiday. My
mom had talked to her mom when trying to track them down and  I guess
Andy's fiance feels that his family probably wouldn't want anything to do
with her after the split, which isn't the case at all. She is a wonderful
young lady  with a lot on her  shoulders. With all three of them having
health issues, no place to live, no money, no income, doctor appointments
all the time to go to and everything, there is bound to be stress. I also
know how she was so desperate when Andy was in the hospital and not
expected to make it, and that kind of commitment doesn't just evaporate in
thin air. I'm hoping they just need space to clear heads and work it all
out.  I saw Andy over the holiday, seems OK, he is still going in for his
treatments of the expanders and surgery is later this month. For me to have
to talk to him, I need to call the ex-sister-in-law's place who, from what
I understand jipped him on the benefit fund raiser they had for him and so
I'm not enthused and really need to not let my natural reactions come
through. There is more on that end with blood money from my brother's life
insurance in which the youngest was meant to get  money for college  when
he turned 18 and hasn't seen a penny yet and the mother, the executor of
the estate, keeps putting it off with excuses. I gave my dad bad advice
when my brother died 8 years ago, he was so distraught I felt losing his
oldest son and having to deal with the legal end of it would be too much,
but hindsight it probably bothers him more that there is possible theft of
the insurance money and my brother's wishes  are not being carried out.
Anyway probably more than you cared to know but that is the latest at this
point.

Brad