ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Kathy Du Bois <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 25 Dec 2006 16:35:44 -0500
Hey Guys, guess who?
	Just wanted to wish everybody my own "Merry Christmas!"  I'm sure
lovin' mine.  We have no snow.  It's in the 40s and it isn't raining
either, though, some clouds are rolling in.
	We had a great day yesterday.  Our evening service was loaded with
seekers.  It was so awesome just to begin to make in roads in their
journey of faith.  After the service, some of us took candles, to
light the way, and armed with a fruit basket, a poinsettia and a
Christmas card signed by everybody in the congregation, we
headed  over to our former pastor's house to do some caroling on his
lawn.  It was loads of fun. He was blown away by the surprise.  His
whole family was there and they all poured out onto the lawn to join
us in singing and then hugs were had all round.   Then, after that,
Caleb, Liz, Greg and I loaded our van full of gifts that people in
the church had purchased for a very poor family that we are working
with and we headed off to change their Christmas.  Caleb and Liz got
to see first hand how much fun it is to give.  I mean, we were loaded
down with stuff, food and all.  I think we each took six arm loads
full of stuff into this house.  The little girl was just blown
away.  It was kind of funny because they were at our evening service
last night too and it was cool to be sitting there, leading worship,
with them there participating,  and know how we were going to change
things for them.  It is so fun to be used by God for that kind of
thing.  Blessing others is definitely the fun part of ministry.
	Today has been very quiet.  Greg and Chris are playing ping pong
right now.  Tomorrow, Greg is going to help Chris get around so that
he can put in applications and look for a full time job.  Matt has an
interview with I.HOP, out in Grand Rapids.  Of course, the ideal
would be one full time job,  but even another part time job would help.
	I pray that all of you dear people are having a blessed
holiday.  I'd better get around to writing my belated christmas
cards.  That is beginning to be a characteristic of ours, being late
that is.  Whhich probably explains why it took me until the evening
of Christmas day to wish you guys a blessed Christmas, but I mean it
sincerely, no matter when it is actually spoken.
God bless,
Kathy