ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Phil Scovell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 13 Dec 2006 17:22:07 -0700
We have a cat, she is about 8 or 9 years old I think Sandy said, is Amy that
old?  Anyhow, Amy doesn't come around upstairs unless it is at night when
all the dogs are put up because they chase her.  She doesn't like people
either.  Yesterday, Sandy asked me if I had seen Amy.  She comes up every
morning, I wake up about 5 o'clock and come out and sit in a rocking chair
and listen to the news, and she sits on my lap.  In the evenings, when I
have prayer sessions on the phone, she comes and sits on my lap then, too.
I told Sandy that I had not seen Amy for at least two days and maybe three.
We began looking.  No Amy the cat.  When the grandchildren came home from
school, they started hunting and found her under our basement stairs.  She
was clear back as far as she could go and I believe she had gotten trapped
back there.  We have a bunch of boxes with things stored under the stairway
and I don't think she could get out by jumping back up on to the boxes to
crawl out because there wasn't enough clearance.  We spent about an hour
removing the boxes and never could quite reach her.  Sandy realized she was
missing because none of her food was being eaten.  The boys put her water
and food bowls back there for her and when my son came home, he helped us
clear a path so she could come out on her own.  She was very frightened but
eventually came out last night.  This morning, when I sat down in my rocking
chair about 5:30 this morning, she jumped up and laid down on my lap.  She
enjoyed the petting I gave her, too.  We thank God He helped us find her.
she was too far back under the stairs for us to have heard her because she
has a very quiet meow.

Phil.