ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Lyn Latham <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 14 Nov 2006 10:24:56 -0500
Wow!!!  There was a lot of meat in there.  Phil, I want to tell you that I
whole heartedly agree with you.  Billy Graham used to say that if you join
the perfect church, soon it will become imperfect.  There's more truth to
that than he's stated if we break that down with our spiritual ears and not
our earthly brains.  God understands all the man made demoninations, He knew
they would come before we ever had anything to do with anything.  However,
since He is all knowing and so wise that He cannot be mistaken, he has
allowed our unhokiness of thinking to let us choose how we want to believe
and listen.  I  do not know for certain how many folks I have led to Christ,
but what I do know is that a lot of them are always stating that I will just
"wait" till vaction or whatever they are waiting for.  No, you can't teach
someone "how" to speak in toungues, but teaching what that's all about and
why it's so necessary is what we are to do anyway.  Since I have also come
from a baptist background, I knowwhat you are stating.  I also have always
had some trouble understanding how smoking cigarettes is all right but you
can be a deacon but you can't drink or anything.  Then they always told me
about speaking in tongues as something not only that died out, but some
religions or demoninations say it's of the devil.  Well, he might have a
language also, but like Bishop Patterson said on Sunday, if the experience
in the upper room were from the devil then howdid the people speak in the
tongues of the onlookers?  Once I wrote something about the gift of the holy
ghost being like a power strip.  You can plug your microwave into it, but if
you don't turn it on and give it the power it needs, it will not work.
Someone got angry with me, stating that some on her list didn't believe like
that so she wouldn't send it out.  I got off her list then after, but have
since come back and have just prayed aobut the responses to give so that I
could make sure that I wasn't giving bad advise.  God has shown me many many
things through the years, and I had to overcome the lie that I couldn't have
tongues.  I have it now, and am so glad to the awesome god that so freely
allowed me to open that gift.