ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Helen Wolf <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 13 Nov 2006 16:28:08 -0500
Phil, I like Jesus Loves Me, too.  When I was working now and then in
the Hospice movement,  a little old African-American man,  a bit
retarded mentally, but worked as janitor at his Methodist Church for
years, his service to the Jesus who loved Him.  As he lay in the bed
dying and unconscience, I leaned close to his ear and sang very
quietly, Jesus Loves Me to him.  There was no way to know whether he
heard me, except that suddenly a big tear ran down his cheek to the
pillow.  An hour later he was with the precious Jesus who loved him so well.

In His Love, with deep gratitude for that Love,
Helen

Earlier you wrote:
>John, I'll look.  I don't know why that song came to mind but I want to find
>the rest of the words for some reason.  I still like Jesus Loves Me, too,
>and I ask Vicki to play it on Sundays once and awhile because it feels so
>good now to sing.
>
>Phil.

"...........Love is a cross!"