ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
John Schwery <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 12 Nov 2006 22:09:29 -0500
Phil, my wife, anna, got the information.  It is
Jack Hayford and Tommy Barnett.  Here is a link with some more information.

Dobson Quits Haggard Counseling Team

ASSOCIATED PRESS - November 7, 2006 -- COLORADO
SPRINGS, Colo. ­ Citing a lack of time, Focus on
the Family founder James Dobson withdrew Tuesday
from the team overseeing counseling for the Rev.
Ted Haggard, the evangelical pastor who was fired
amid allegations of gay sex and drug use.

"Emotionally and spiritually, I wanted to be of
help ­ but the reality is I don't have the time
to devote to such a critical responsibility," Dobson said.

The other two members of the team, Pastors Jack
Hayford of The Church on the Way in Van Nuys,
Calif., and Tommy Barnett of First Assembly of
God in Phoenix, declined to comment.

Haggard was forced out as senior pastor of the
14,000-member New Life Church on Saturday after a
former male escort alleged they had sex
repeatedly and that Haggard used methamphetamines.

In a statement read at the church Sunday, Haggard
confessed to unspecified "sexual immorality,"
accepted responsibility for his actions and asked forgiveness.

The counseling process, called restoration, could
take years, said H.B. London, vice president for
church and clergy at Focus on the Family.

<http://www.ajc.com/news/content/shared-gen/ap/National/Haggard_Dobson.html>http://www.ajc.com/news/content/shared-gen/ap/National/Haggard_Dobson.html

earlier, Phil Scovell, wrote:

>I can understand that, then, John.  Who were the other two guys?  I thought
>I heard him say Jack Hayford but I missed the other man.
>
>Phil.
>

>--
>- Release Date: 11/11/2006 6:53 PM

John