ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Phil Scovell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 6 Nov 2006 16:56:32 -0700
Kathy,

It is the same Peter Boyles talk show host who has been involved.  Yes, it
is one big mess.  Today, the Colorado broadcast, at any rate, of focus on
the family, was about Ted and and how they were all getting together to
offer help to other pastors.  The gay man, he has been a male prostitute for
20 years, is on the radio right now.  I've listened to several hours of the
thing over the last few days.  Pastor Ted admits this has been a dark part
of his past since adulthood.  Some times he would go for long periods of
time living in victory and then other times he would go back into it.  Very
sad for the wife and children.  I wish I could spend some time with Brother
Ted because all he is going to get now is straight Christian psychology and
he still won't be able to escape the darkness that plagues him.  No, it
doesn't mean I think I'm spiritually wonderful and the fourth personage of
the Trinity, it means I have compassion for him and want to see him walk
free.  His wife and kids are going to need as much help as he does.  I hope
we don't get up some morning and hear that he's dead.  I wish I could also
spend time with Mike Jones, the male prostitute, but when you listen to his
voice as many hours as I have, you can hear the mask he has over his life to
protect him from the outside world.  It is hard to explain but I hear it
clear as a bell.  It is a psychological mask that is put up with the help of
evil to keep a person trapped in one place.  Pastor Ted didn't have that
evil shield in place and that's why he broke.  Jesus wanted Ted and He wants
to make him perfectly whole.

Phil.